Wednesday 23 February 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Flip Saunders and Guadalupe Pineda.
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wages of Fear, directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stage 7.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1955!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1955 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Flip Saunders: American basketball Head Coach, Timberwolves.
- Guadalupe Pineda: World Music Singer.
- Howard Jones: Pop Singer.
- Francesca Simon: Children's Author.
- Tom Bodett: American voice actor, radio personality, and writer.
- Paul Claudel: French writer, diplomat, poet and dramatist, considered the most important Catholic dramatist of the 20th century as well as the first truly dramatic poet in France since Racine.
- First meeting of the Southeast Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?