Thursday 23 February 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Great Pretender by The Platters.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor at Sea, directed by Ralph Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1956 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Maren Jensen in Glendale: California, USA; actress (Battlestar Galactica).
- Alan Roberts: American writer, a former cocaine addict.
- Wagner : Pop Singer.
- Sandra Osborne: Scottish politician.
- Tom : Japanese singer.
- 20th Congress of CPSU closes in Moscow
- Russian party leader Khrushchev attacks memory of Stalin
- Norma Jean Mortenson legally changes her name to Marilyn Monroe.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?