Saturday 23 February 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ria Brieffies .
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
In UK The Garden Of Eden by Frankie Vaughan was in the top 5 hits.
The Incredible Shrinking Man, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Fountain Overflows by Rebecca West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Six-Five Special.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1957!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1957 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Ria Brieffies: Dutch singer (Dolly Dots) (d. 2009).
- Marika Ninou: Greek singer (Born 1918).
- Mr Wonderful closes at Broadway Theater NYC after 383 performances
- U Nu becomes Prime Minister of Burma.
- Arturo Lezama becomes President of the National Council of Government of Uruguay.
- Sud Aviation forms from a merger between SNCASE (Société Nationale de Constructions Aéronautiques du Sud Est) and SNCASO (Société Nationale de Constructions Aéronautiques du Sud Ouest).
- Dr. Seuss' ''The Cat in the Hat'' is published.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1957 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?