Tuesday 23 February 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cindy Figg-Currier in Mount Pleasant and Gloria von Thurm un Taxis in Munich.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Why by Anthony Newley was in the top 5 hits.
Sink the Bismarck!, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Four Feather Falls.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1960!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1960 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Cindy Figg-Currier in Mount Pleasant: Michigan, USA; golfer (1994 British Open-6th).
- Gloria von Thurm un Taxis in Munich: German Federal Republic; Princess.
- Xavier Musca: French economist, writer, and public administrator.
- Naruhito : Japanese royalty, the son of Crown Prince Akihito and Crown Princess Michiko, the child of a new-style love marriage.
- Gloria Thurn und Taxis: Princess, by marriage, of the German Thurn und Taxis House.
- Alan Griffin: Australian politician
- Ivan Vdović: Serbian drummer (Suncokret Šarlo Akrobata Supernaut and Ekatarina Velika) (d. 1992)
- Arthur Legat: Belgian race car driver (d. 1960).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 February 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- The Everly Brothers - Let It Be Me
- Bobby Darin - Beyond The Sea
- Conway Twitty - Lonely Blue Boy
- Dion and the Belmonts - Where Or When
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?