Friday 23 February 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Duke Of Earl by Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler).
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Walk on the Wild Side, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1962!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1962 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Melinda Mays: Augusta, Georgia -- Playmate (Feb, 1983).
- Michael Wilton: American guitarist (Queensrÿche and Soulbender).
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- The Everly Brothers - Crying In The Rain
- Gary (U.S.) Bonds - Dear Lady Twist
- Burl Ives - A Little Bitty Tear
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 February 1962 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?