Wednesday 23 February 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Druce in Peterborough and Neal McDonough.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra.
In UK These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Historias para no dormir.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1966!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1966 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- John Druce in Peterborough: Ontario, Canada; NHL right wing (Philadelphia Flyers, Los Angeles Kings).
- Neal McDonough: American actor.
- Ryan Cassidy: American actor and noted family, the son of Shirley Jones and Jack Cassidy.
- Mark Abrahamian: American guitarist (Starship) (d. 2012).
- Premier Obote grabs power in Uganda.
- Military coup under Hafiz al-Assad in Syria ends Bitar government.
- In Syria, Baath party member Salah Jadid leads an intra-party military coup that replaces the previous government of General Amin Hafiz, also a Baathist.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 February 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything's Alright)
- The Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
- Petula Clark - My Love
- The Marvelettes - Don't Mess With Bill
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- The Four Seasons - Working My Way Back To You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?