Thursday 23 February 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pam Blundell and Gord Murphy in Willowdale.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Kind Of A Drag by The Buckinghams.
In UK I'm A Believer by The Monkees was in the top 5 hits.
One Million Years B.C., directed by Don Chaffey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1967!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1967 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Pam Blundell: fashion designer.
- Gord Murphy in Willowdale: Ontario, Canada; NHL defenseman (Florida Panthers).
- Steven C Stricker in Edgerton: Wisconsin, USA; PGA golfer (1994 Northern Telecom-second).
- Tamsin Greig: English actress.
- Hélène Darroze: French chef, who was the first woman to obtain two Michelin stars.
- Simone Whitmore: Doctor
- Chris Vrenna: American drummer songwriter and producer (Nine Inch Nails Tweaker Die Warzau and Exotic Birds)
- 25th amendment (presidential succession) declared ratified
- Ted Workman replaces Senator Keith Davey as Canadian Football League commissioner.
- American 25th amendment (Presidential succession) declared ratified.
- US troops begin largest offensive of Vietnam War.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Drag
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
- Sonny & Cher - The Beat Goes On
- Spencer Davis Group - Gimme Some Lovin'
- The Casinos - Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye
- Blues Magoos - (We Aint' Got) Nothin' Yet
- Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?