Friday 23 February 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Justin Bell and Dennis Coleman.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu) by Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra.
In UK The Mighty Quinn by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Five Million Years to Earth, directed by Roy Ward Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hauptstraße Glück.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1968!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1968 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Justin Bell: British racing driver.
- Dennis Coleman: American homicide, the killer of his girl-friend's mother Joyce Aparo, on 8/05/1987, Glastonbury, CT at the instigation of his 16-year old girlfriend, Karin Aparo.
- Carole Gaessler: French television journalist.
- Fannie Hurst: American short-story writer and novelist who was the highest paid female writer of her day.
- Wilt Chamberlain becomes first NBA player to score 25,000 points.
- Edna Ferber, US author (Giant, Showboat), dies at age 80.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- Classics IV - Spooky
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart - I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite
- Goin' Out Of My Head/Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Medley) - The Lettermen
- The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?