Monday 23 February 1998
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Darian Orlando .
In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion.
In UK Doctor Jones by Aqua was in the top 5 hits.
Dark City, directed by Alex Proyas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while The Street Lawyer by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching If I Ruled the World.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing European Air War or F-16 Multirole Fighter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1998!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1998 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Howard Stern Radio Show premieres in Charleston SC on WAVF 96.1 FM
- US Supreme Court lets Megan's Law stand.
- Tornadoes in central Florida destroy or damage 2,600 structures and kill 42.
- Osama bin Laden publishes a fatwa declaring jihad against all Jews and ''Crusaders''; the latter term is commonly interpreted to refer to the people of Europe and the United States.
- In the United States, tornadoes in central Florida destroy or damage 2,600 structures and kill 42.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 February 1998
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1998 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On
- Usher - Nice & Slow
- Will Smith - Gettin' Jiggy Wit It
- Janet - Together Again
- Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
- LeAnn Rimes - How Do I Live
- Uncle Sam - I Don't Ever Want To See You Again
- Boyz II Men - A Song For Mama
- Destiny's Child - No, No, No Part II
- Puff Daddy - Been Around The World
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?