Friday 23 February 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Say It Right by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Grace Kelly by Mika was in the top 5 hits.
Death at a Funeral, directed by Frank Oz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography by Sidney Poitier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Design Squad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Air Traffic Chaos or Legendo's Attack on Pearl Harbor.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 2007!
Which were the important events of 23 February 2007 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 February
- A train derails on an evening express service near Grayrigg, Cumbria, England, killing one person and injuring 22. This results in hundreds of points being checked over the UK after a few similar accidents.
- Five people are killed and more than 40 people injured in fighting between two families associated with Hamas and Fatah respectively in Khan Younis on the Gaza Strip. (New York Times)
- The United States and South Korea reach agreement to return control over South Korea's military to South Korea by 2012. (BBC)
- Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea Michael Somare disbands an inquiry into the extradition of Julian Moti to the Solomon Islands to avoid extradition to Australia. (ABC News Australia)
- At a summit in Oslo, Norway, forty-six nations agree to work towards a treaty banning the use of cluster bombs. (AP via Forbes)
- Iraq War:
- Democratic Party members of the United States Senate are planning a challenge to the authority given to President Bush in 2002. (BBC)
- Ammar al-Hakim, son of Abdul Aziz al-Hakim, leader of the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq is detained by the U.S. military as he returns from Iran and is released with an apology 12 hours later. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- A fire in a nursing home in Alsunga, Latvia, kills at least 26 people. (BBC)
- Pakistan successfully tests a new version of its Shaheen II missile capable of carrying nuclear warheads. (AP via CNN)
- The Sri Lanka Navy sinks two Tamil Tiger boats off the northwest coast killing nine rebels. (BBC)
- New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia as well as the Australian Capital Territory have agreed to hand over control of the Murray-Darling Basin to the federal government. Negotiations continue with Victoria. (Bloomberg)
- Vice President of the United States Dick Cheney expresses concern about China's military buildup in a speech to the Australian-American Leadership Dialogue in Sydney. (CNN) J
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 February 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Ludacris - Runaway Love
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Akon - I Wanna Love You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?