Thursday 23 February 2012
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Estelle .
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson.
Wanderlust, directed by David Wain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Descending.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Black Knight Sword or Colors! 3D.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 2012!
Which were the important events of 23 February 2012 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Estelle : First child of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland.
- A series of attacks across Iraq leave at least 60 killed and more than 200 injured. (Reuters)
- The Taliban urges Afghans to target foreign bases and kill westerners in response to burnings of the Koran at a US base as a third day of violent protests occurs, with six people having been shot dead so far. (Reuters)
- Afghan protesters attack a Norwegian base in Faryab province on the Turkmenistan border. (Reuters via Alertnet)
- The bombardment of Homs continues for the 20th successive day, with water and food supplies quickly dwindling for residents. (DPA via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Indonesian authorities evacuate foreign and female prisoners from Kerobokan Prison on Bali following a second night of unrest. (News Limited)
- Wikileaks suspect United States Army Private Bradley Manning is formally charged ahead of a court martial. (AFP via Yahoo News)
- The case against Gabe Watson in relation to the death of his newlywed wife Tina on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia is dismissed in the US state of Alabama. (CBS News)
- Eric Joyce, the Labour Member of Parliament for Falkirk, is arrested after an alleged brawl in a House of Commons of the United Kingdom bar. (''Daily Mail'')
- The Prime Minister of Australia Julia Gillard calls for a ballot of a caucus of the Australian Labor Party for Monday as a result of the resignation of Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd. (AAP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Tens of thousands rally at Moscow's Luzhniki Stadium in support of the Prime Minister Vladimir Putin's candidacy for President of Russia in the upcoming election on March 4th. (BBC)
- Crown Princess Victoria, the heir to the Swedish throne, gives birth to a baby girl who is second in line. (''The Guardian'')
- The Maryland State Senate approves a bill that would allow same-sex marriage in the state. (CNN)
- Elections Canada has traced allegations of fraudulent robocalls engaging in voter suppression in 18 ridings during the Canadian federal election, 2011 to Racknine Inc., a small Edmonton call centre that worked for the Conservative Party of Canada party's national campaign. CBC
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?