Tuesday 23 January 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
The Pilgrim, directed by Edna Purviance, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1923!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1923 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Walter M Miller: Jr.
- Horace Ashenfelter: United States -- 3000m steeplechase (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Cot Deal: American baseball player and coach (d. 2013).
- Walter Miller: American sci-fi writer and winner of the Hugo award for his novelette "Darfstellar," 1955.
- Florence Halop in Queens: New York, USA; actress (Florence - Night Court, St. Elsewhere).
- Michel Droit: French writer; a journalist, a war correspondent and reporter for press, radio and TV, holding editorial positions. He was a Resistance member 1942-1944
- Walter M[ichael] Miller Jr: United States -- Sci-fi author (Hugo, View from Stars)
- Max Nordau: Hungarian physician author and critic co-founded the World Zionist Organization (d. 1923).
- Taxi strike in Amsterdam begins (through March 9th)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Nellie Kelly, I Love You - Prince's Orchestra
- Goodbye - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?