Monday 23 January 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Last Command, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1928 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Jeanne Moreau: French actress and director who has appeared in over 49 films.
- Chico Carrasquel: Venezuelan baseball player and manager (d. 2005).
- Eugene Monti: Italy -- Bobsledder (1968 Olympics - 2 Gold Medals).
- Kees [Cornelis] Broekman: Dutch speed skater (1952 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Franéoise Dorin: Paris 17éme Writer.
- Eugenio Monti:
- Jean Bertho: French actor, comedian.
- Françoise Dorin: French writer who wrote songs, theatre plays, musicals and novels. Her father was a famous French singer, René Dorin. Françoise started her career as a comedienne and worked with Michel Piccoli and Roger Hanin. She wrote successful lyrics for songs performed by Charles Aznavour, Guy Mardel, Mireille Mathieu, Juliette Gréco, Dalida, Céline Dion and others.
- Abenteuer of brave Soldier Schwejk premieres in Berlin
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?