Wednesday 23 January 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1929 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Henri Entringer: France sport Champion.
- Phillip Knightley: Australian journalist, critic, and non-fiction author.
- John Polanyi in Berlin: Germany; Canadian chemist (Nobel Prize 1986).
- Patriarch Filaret (Mykhailo Denysenko) of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church: Kiev Patriarch.
- Filaret : Ukrainian patriarch.
- Myron Cope: American journalist and sportscaster (d. 2008)
- John Polanyi: German-Canadian scientist, a physical chemist who has taught at the University of Toronto since 1956. His work on the dynamics of chemical reactions is considered pioneering , leading to the development of lasers. In 1986, he won the Nobel Prize in chemistry. In addition to his scientific interests, he is actively involved with public affairs. He has written widely on nuclear disarmament, missile defense, human rights and the social roles of scientists. For more than 40 years he has been an acti
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?