Thursday 23 January 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dale Huffman and Jerry Kramer.
Rose-Marie, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1936 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Dale Huffman: Amercan journalist, a columnist for the Dayton Daily News published out of Dayton, OH.
- Jerry Kramer: American pro football player, author and sports commentator.
- Donald Payne: American physician, a fashionable Washington, DC obstetrician who delivered the last two of Ethel Kennedy's kids.
- Gerald Kramer: Jordan sports Champions.
- Brian Howe: Australian minister and politician 8th Deputy Prime Minister of Australia.
- Cécile Ousset: French pianist
- Dame Clara Butt: alto singer ("Country of Hope and Glory"), dies at age 62.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?