Tuesday 23 January 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Cheuse and Joe Dowell.
The Fighting 69th, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1940 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Alan Cheuse: American author critic and academic (d. 2015).
- Joe Dowell: American singer.
- Johnny Russell: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2001).
- Pianist Ignaz Paderewski becomes premier of Polish government in exile.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?