Thursday 23 January 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pascual Maragall and Jock Anderson.
High Sierra, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1941!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1941 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Pascual Maragall: Spanish executive who was named head of the Olympic Committee, which was responsible for organizing the Barcelona games in 1992.
- Jock Anderson: Australian economist and academic.
- João Ribeiro: Brazilian journalist author and academic (d. 2014).
- Dobri Khristov: Composer, dies at 65.
- WOR-AM in Newark New Jersey moves to New York City
- Charles Lindbergh testifies before the U.S. Congress and recommends that the United States negotiate a neutrality pact with Adolf Hitler.
- Ground breaking for NACA (now NASA) Lewis Research Center.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?