Tuesday 23 January 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Objective, Burma!, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1945!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1945 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Mike Harris: Canadian politician, 22nd Premier of Ontario from 26 June 1995 to 14 April 2002.
- Helmuth J Moltke: German politician ("July 20th Plot"), executed at age 37.
- Dutch Premier Gerbrandy, exiled in London, offers his resignation.
- World War II: Karl Donitz launches Operation Hannibal.
- Hungary drops out of WWII, agreeing to an armistice with the Allies.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1945 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Don't Fence Me In - Kate Smith
- Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - Always
- There Goes That Song Again - Billy Butterfield & His Orchestra (Vocal Margaret Whiting)
- Don't Fence Me In - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive - Artie Shaw & His Orchestra
- Kay Kyser & His Orchestra - There Goes That Song Again
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?