Thursday 23 January 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas R Carper and Thomas R Carper American politician (Representative-Democrat-Delaware.
Lady in the Lake, directed by Robert Montgomery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Bristol-Myers Tele-Varieties.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1947 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Thomas R Carper: American politician, senior senator of Delaware.
- Thomas R Carper American politician (Representative-Democrat-Delaware: 1983-).
- Joel Douglas: American movie producer, the second son of Hollywood actor Kirk Douglas and Diana Dill.
- Megawati Sukarnoputri: Indonesian politician, appointed the fifth President of Indonesia, the world's fourth most populous country and third-largest democracy, in Jakarta at 15:50 local time (14:20 GMT) on 7/23/2001.
- Tom Carper: American captain and politician 71st Governor of Delaware.
- Pierre Bonnard: French post-impressionist painter and print maker whose works included "The Open Window," 1921 and "The Breakfast Room," 1930.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sonata - Jo Stafford
- Managua, Nicaragua - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?