Sunday 23 January 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Cabana and Robert D Cabana in Minneapolis.
A Canterbury Tale, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Admiral Broadway Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1949 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Robert Cabana: Minneapolis, Minnesota -- Major USMC / Astronaut (STS 41, 53, 68, sk:88).
- Robert D Cabana in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; Major US Marine Corp/astronaut (STS 41, 53, 68, 88).
- George Trepal: American homicide, convicted of poisoning a neighbor family and sent to prison, despite his protest that he is innocent.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?