Sunday 23 January 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Canterbury Tale, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1949 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Robert D Cabana in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; Major US Marine Corp/astronaut (STS 41, 53, 68, 88).
- Robert Cabana: Minneapolis, Minnesota -- Major USMC / Astronaut (STS 41, 53, 68, sk:88).
- George Trepal: American homicide, convicted of poisoning a neighbor family and sent to prison, despite his protest that he is innocent.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 January 1949 and get them!