Tuesday 23 January 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Operation Pacific, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1951!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1951 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Margaret Johnson Bailes: Bronx, New York -- 4X100 runner (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Chesley Sullenberger: American commercial airline pilot who became celebrated when he landed his USAirways jet bearing 155 passengers and crew in the Hudson River in New York City with no casualties and very few injuries.
- Margaret Bailes: American sprinter.
- David Kelly: American actor and composer.
- Michael Matz: Equestrian show jumper (1996 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- 3rd Emmy Awards: Alan Young Show, Alan Young and Gertrude Berg
- In Los Angeles, California, the 3rd Annual Emmy Awards are presented. Best Actor: Alan Young; Best Actress: Gertrude Berg
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?