Friday 23 January 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Earl Falconer and Tyrone Power Jr in Los Angeles.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by The Platters.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Sleeping Beauty, directed by Clyde Geronimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Third Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1959!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1959 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Earl Falconer: British reggae bassist (UB40 - "Red Red Wine").
- Tyrone Power Jr in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Shag).
- Didier Bourdon: French humorist, actor, film director, and producer, ocasionally singer.
- Clive Bull: English radio talk show host.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- Fats Domino - Whole Lotta Loving
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?