Sunday 23 January 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Sounds Of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel.
In UK Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, directed by Alan Rafkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1966!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1966 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Mike Brim: NFL cornerback (Cin Bengals).
- Damien Hardman: Australian surfer.
- Oleg Sakirkin: Kazakhstani triple jumper (d. 2015).
- Haywoode Workman: American basketball player and referee.
- Scott Fortune in Newport Beach: California, USA; volleyball player (Olympics-Gold-1988, Bronze-1992, 1996).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Beatles - Day Tripper
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- Mike Douglas - The Men In My Little Girl's Life
- Herman's Hermits - A Must To Avoid
- The Rolling Stones - As Tears Go By
- The Lovin' Spoonful - You Didn't Have To Be So Nice
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?