Tuesday 23 January 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Superstition by Stevie Wonder.
In UK Long Haired Lover From Liverpool by Little Jimmy Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1973!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1973 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Dee Caffari: British sailor, and in 2006 became the first woman to sail single-handedly and non-stop around the world "the wrong way"; westward against the prevailing winds and currents.
- Mark Kolesar: Minnedosa, Manitoba -- NHL right wing (Toronto Maple Leafs).
- Karen Abbott: American author of historical non-fiction.
- Tomas Holmstrom: Swedish ice hockey player.
- Lanei Chapman: American actress.
- Tomas Holmström: Swedish ice hockey player
- Epy Quizon: Filipino actor and screenwriter
- Gina Brooks: Family Member
- Lisa Wu: Reality Star
- Jordan Air crash at Kano, Nigeria kills 176 Muslim pilgrims.
- Helgafell, island of Heimaey Iceland erupts for first time in 7,000 years.
- 23rd NBA All-Star Game: East beats West 104-84 at Chicago, Illinois.
- US President Richard Nixon announces an accord has been reach to end the Vietnam War.
- President Richard Nixon announces that a peace accord has been reached in Vietnam.
- A volcanic eruption devastates Heimaey in the Vestmannaeyjar chain of islands off the south coast of Iceland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Kenny Loggins - Your Mama Don't Dance
- Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Hurricane Smith - Oh, Babe, What Would You Say?
- Marvin Gaye - Trouble Man
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
- War - The World Is A Ghetto
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?