Wednesday 23 January 1974
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard T Slone and Tiffani-Amber Thiessen in Long Beach.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to You're Sixteen by Ringo Starr.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carrie's War.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1974 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Richard T Slone: British artist.
- Tiffani-Amber Thiessen in Long Beach: California, USA; actress (Saved by the Bell, Beverly Hills 90210).
- Yosvani Perez: Cuban baseball player.
- Joel Bouchard: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Bernard Diomède: French football player born near Bourges (Saint-Doulchard) in a family coming from West Indies (Guadeloupe).
- Corinne Heutte: French student nurse in the encology department. Customarily, she hitch-hiked to school in the mornings. On 5/11/1995 she never turned up at the school and her decomposing body was found on the 23rd at a highway rest area with a bullet in her head, Les Andrets de l'Esterel, France. No motive was determined for her murder.
- Tiffani Thiessen: American actress
- Sampsa Astala: Finnish singer-songwriter and drummer (Lordi and Stala & SO.)
- Joël Bouchard: Canadian ice hockey player and manager
- Rebekah Elmaloglou: Australian actress
- Yosvani Pérez: Cuban baseball player
- Richard Slone: English painter
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 January 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Byron MacGregor - Americans
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?