Friday 23 January 1976
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Byron Hanspard and Phil Boudreault in Copper Cliff.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To) by Diana Ross.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Live from Lincoln Center.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Barricade or Death Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1976!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1976 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Byron Hanspard: NFL running back (Atlanta Falcons).
- Phil Boudreault in Copper Cliff: Ontario, Canada; boxer (Olympics-1996).
- Brandon Duckworth: American baseball player and scout.
- Harmen Fraanje: Dutch pianist and composer.
- Angelica Lee: Malaysian-Taiwanese actress and singer.
- Tony Lucca: American singer-songwriter producer and actor
- Nigel McGuinness: English professional wrestler
- Tsuyoshi Muro: Japanese actor
- Paul Robeson, American actor, singer, and social activist (Born 1898)
- Washington Capitals end 25-game winless streak (0-22-3) beating New York Rangers 7-5.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby
- The O'Jays - I Love Music (Part 1)
- Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Paul Anka - Times Of Your Life
- David Ruffin - Walk Away From Love
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Sing A Song
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
- Sailor - Glass Of Champagne
- Abba - Mamma Mia
- Laurel & Hardy With The Avalon Boys featuring Chill Wills - The Trail Of The Lonesome Pine
- In Dulce Jubilo / On Horseback - Mike Oldfield
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?