Thursday 23 January 1997
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brennan Bailey and Shaheen Jafargholi.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Un-Break My Heart by Toni Braxton.
In UK Professional Widow (It's Got To Be Big) by Tori Amos was in the top 5 hits.
Chasing Amy, directed by Kevin Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while The Book of Ruth by Jane Hamilton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Brass Eye.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Balls of Steel or V-Rally.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1997!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1997 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
Famous Birthdays:23 January
- David Waller: Actor (Lady Jane, Perfect Friday, Hannay), dies at 76.
- Jeremy Stephen Maas: writer/art dealer, dies at age 68.
- Laura "Dinky": Patterson dies during bungee jump at Super Bowl rehearsal at age 43.
- Randy Greenawalt: convicted killer, executed by injection at age 47.
- Roger John Tayler: astrophysicist, dies at age 67.
- Richard Berry: French stage comedian, film actor and director, born in a jewish family (Berry was originally Benguigui, and Richard inspired by the British actor Richard Greene). His father was hairdresser in Oran, Algeria, before moving to Paris. Early, he wants to become an actor and attends the same school as François Berléand. He played with his friend Patrick Timsit in "Quasimodo del Paris".
- Craig Charles: opera singer, dies at age 77.
- Mir Aimal Kasi receives the death sentence for a 1993 assault rifle attack outside US Central Intelligence Agency headquarters that killed two and wounded three others.
- Madeleine Albright becomes the first woman to serve as United States Secretary of State.
- Antonis Daglis, a 23-year-old Greek truck driver is sentenced to thirteen consecutive life sentences, plus 25 years for the serial slayings of three women and the attempted murder of six others.
- Mir Aimal Kasi is sentenced to death for a 1993 assault rifle attack outside CIA headquarters that killed 2 and wounded 3.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart
- En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Love)
- R. Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly
- Keith Sweat - Nobody
- Whitney Houston - I Believe In You And Me
- BLACKstreet - No Diggity
- Merril Bainbridge - Mouth
- New Edition - I'm Still In Love With You
- Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
- Sheryl Crow - If It Makes You Happy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?