Thursday 23 January 2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Sound Of The Underground by Girls Aloud was in the top 5 hits.
The Recruit, directed by Roger Donaldson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Summons by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 2003!
Which were the important events of 23 January 2003 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 January
- Final communication between Earth and Pioneer 10.
- 350 Australian troops begin their journey towards Iraq, joining the US and UK troops already assembled there. Prime Minister John Howard said that ampquotpre-positioning troops increased the likelihood of (the crisis) being resolved peacefullyampquot. Around 150 people protested as the troop ship left Sydney, some shouting ampquotGo yourself!ampquot to Mr. Howard.
- Fast food restaurant chain McDonald's reports a quarterly loss for the first time. The loss amounted to US$
- The last signal from Pioneer 10 was detected before losing signal with it completely.
- Hulk Hogan returns to WWE.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?