Tuesday 23 January 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 23 January 2007 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 January
- A rare eel-like creature identified as frilled shark is discovered in Japan by fisherman. (CNN)
- The United Nations Mission in Nepal is established through United Nations Security Council Resolution 1740 to monitor disarmament of the Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist) and preparations for the Nepalese Constituent Assembly election, 2007. (Nepal Monitor)
- Volodymyr Yelchenko, Ukraine's ambassador to Austria, is fired after he makes an unauthorized offer of a visa to Ukraine for exiled Turkmen opposition leader Hudaýberdi Ozarow. Ozarow and opposition leader Nurmuhammet Hanamow allegedly visited Kiev last week and met with Ukrainian Transportation Minister Mykola Rudkovskiy, but this has been denied by several officials. (RFE/RL)
- Israel's Ministry of Justice says it plans to charge Israeli President Moshe Katsav with rape and abuse of power. (Reuters)
- 2007 Guinean uprising: A heavy security presence is reported in the capital, Conakry, and other towns following Monday's clashes in which more than 30 people were killed. (BBC)
- Qiu Xiaohua, former head of China's National Bureau of Statistics, is expelled from the Communist Party of China for corruption charges. (Xinhua)
- One and Unified Revolt: Hezbollah-led protesters spark clashes with government loyalists in Lebanon, resulting in 3 deaths and 133 wounded. Opposition forces later call off the general strike they had held. (BBC)
- The Prime Minister of Australia, John Howard, reshuffles his Ministry with Joe Hockey and Malcolm Turnbull promoted to Cabinet and Amanda Vanstone losing her position. (ABC News Australia)
- Trade union leaders in Guinea are released and meet with President Lansana Conté as the general strike escalates. (BBC)
- War in Somalia: Ethiopia begins withdrawing troops from Mogadishu. (BBC)
- President of the United States George W. Bush delivers the 2007 State of the Union Address, in which he remains steadfast to his Iraq policies, but also reaches out to political opponents by proposing environmental and social reforms. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?