Wednesday 23 January 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Rambo, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 2008!
Which were the important events of 23 January 2008 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 January
- At the American Museum of Natural History in Manhattan, New York, Virgin Galactic unveils the design of its next generation of space vehicles, named White Knight Two, and SpaceShipTwo, intending to take paying passengers into space on a regular basis next year.
- 20 people are killed in a military transport plane crash near Mirosławiec, northern Poland senior Polish Air Force officers are among the victims. (BBC News)
- Contractors for the Big Dig project pay $400 million to settle a lawsuit from the Massachusetts government over a fatal tunnel collapse and associated flaws. (AP via Google News)
- January 2008 stock market downturn:
- Asian stock markets recover, with the Hong Kong Hang Seng Index rising 10.7% and the Mumbai BSE Sensex rising 5.2%, but European markets are still weak, with the London FTSE 100 Index, the Paris CAC 40 and the Frankfurt DAX all posting significant losses. (AP via Yahoo! Finance)
- Police in Zimbabwe arrest Morgan Tsvangirai, the leader of the Movement for Democratic Change, the principal opposition party. (ABC News Australia)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?