Monday 23 January 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Bachelorette, directed by Leslye Headland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 2012!
Which were the important events of 23 January 2012 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 January
- Iran–European Union relations: The European Union adopts an embargo against Iran in protest of that nation's continued effort to enrich uranium.
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising: At least 22 civilians are shot dead across Syria by security forces under the Syrian government. (''Washington Post'')
- A group of Gaddafi loyalists take control of part of the town of Bani Walid and fly the green flag after a battle with NTC forces left 5 dead and 20 injured. (Reuters)
- Jaipur Literature Festival:
- Ruchir Joshi, Jeet Thayil, Hari Kunzru and Amitava Kumar flee Jaipur on the advice of officials at the Jaipur Literature Festival after reading excerpts from Salman Rushdie's ''The Satanic Verses'', which is banned in India. Rushdie, himself banned from the event, is told that police are searching for the four fugitive writers. (''The Times of India'')
- The death toll of the ''Costa Concordia'' disaster rises to 15 as divers find two more bodies in the capsized ship. (Al-Jazeera)
- The Iranian Foreign Ministry calls the sanctions ampquotunfairampquot. (BBC)
- Ghana recognizes Kosovo (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kosovo) (Albanian)
- The French Senate passes a bill that makes it illegal for citizens to deny the Armenian Genocide by the Ottoman Empire. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2012 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 January 2012 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?