Friday 23 July 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1909 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- John Finn: American lieutenant Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2010).
- Phil Andros: American writer, a gay pornographer, a tattoo artist and a literate and good looking hustler.
- John William Finn: American WWII Medal of Honor recieptant (d. 2010).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Beautiful Eyes - Ada Jones
- Yip-I-Addy-I-Aye - Blanche Ring
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?