Monday 23 July 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1923 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Luis Aloma: Cuban-American baseball player (d. 1997).
- Morris Halle: Latvian-American linguist and academic.
- Amalia Mendoza: Mexican singer and actress (d. 2001).
- Cyril M Kornbluth: American writer (d. 1958).
- Claude Luter: French jazz clarinetist who doubled on soprano saxophone.
- Pancho Villa: Mexican bandito chieftain who sought to control Mexico in 1910 and again in 1914 during revolutionary upheavals.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Original Memphis Five - Who's Sorry Now?
- Morning Will Come - Georgie Price
- Yes! We Have No Bananas - Billy Jones
- Barney Google - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?