Monday 23 July 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1923 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Luis Aloma: Cuban-American baseball player (d. 1997).
- Morris Halle: Latvian-American linguist and academic.
- Amalia Mendoza: Mexican singer and actress (d. 2001).
- Cyril M Kornbluth: American writer (d. 1958).
- Claude Luter: French jazz clarinetist who doubled on soprano saxophone.
- Pancho Villa: Mexican bandito chieftain who sought to control Mexico in 1910 and again in 1914 during revolutionary upheavals.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Yes! We Have No Bananas - Billy Jones
- Barney Google - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- Original Memphis Five - Who's Sorry Now?
- Morning Will Come - Georgie Price
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?