Monday 23 July 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cyril M Kornbluth and Claude Luter.
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1923 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Cyril M Kornbluth: American writer (d. 1958).
- Claude Luter: French jazz clarinetist who doubled on soprano saxophone.
- Luis Aloma: Cuban-American baseball player (d. 1997).
- Morris Halle: Latvian-American linguist and academic.
- Amalia Mendoza: Mexican singer and actress (d. 2001).
- Pancho Villa: Mexican bandito chieftain who sought to control Mexico in 1910 and again in 1914 during revolutionary upheavals.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 July 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?