Tuesday 23 July 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Billy Maxwell and Danny Barcelona.
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1929 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Billy Maxwell: American professional golfer, who played college golf at North Texas State College and helped them win four consecutive NCAA Division I team championships (1949–1952).
- Danny Barcelona: American drummer (d. 2007).
- Lateef Jakande: Nigerian journalist and politician 5th Governor of Lagos State.
- The Fascist government in Italy bans the use of foreign words.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?