Friday 23 July 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arlene Crane and Bruce Surtees.
It Pays to Advertise!, directed by Anders Henrikson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching The Mizzen Cross Trees.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1937!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1937 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Arlene Crane: American noted family, the wife of Congressman Philip Crane in 1959; eight kids.
- Bruce Surtees: American cinematographer (d. 2012).
- Dave Webster: American football player and engineer.
- Isolation of pituitary hormone announced (Yale University).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?