Thursday 23 July 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Pride of the Yankees, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1942 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Sallyanne Atkinson: Australian journalist and politician Lord Mayor of Brisbane.
- Madeline Bell: American singer-songwriter (Blue Mink).
- Richard Dauch: American businessman co-founded American Axle (d. 2013).
- Dimitris Liantinis: Greek philosopher and author (d. 1998).
- Myra Hindley: British serial killer with her lover, Ian Brady.
- John de Hont: Dutch guitarist (ZZ & Masks)
- German troops conquer Rostow
- Treblinka Concentration Camp destroyed
- World War II: Operation Edelweiss begins.
- The Holocaust: the Treblinka extermination camp is opened.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?