Sunday 23 July 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1944 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Judith A Bosch: Dutch radio / TV-hostess (Tweekamp, Zeskamp).
- Dino Danelli: Jersey City, New Jersey -- Rock drummer (Fotomaker, Young Rascals).
- Maria Pires: Portuguese pianist.
- Chicago Cubs Bill Nicholson hits 4 HRs in a doubleheader
- Conference of Bretton Woods signed; IMF operations begin
- Soviet Army marches into Lublin Poland
- US troops occupy Pisa Italy
- US forces invade Japanese-held Tinian in WW II.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?