Monday 23 July 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Oliver Twist, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1951 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Thierry Cornillet: French politician and Member of the European Parliament for the south-east of France.
- Terry Davis: NYC, New York -- Actress (Stacey Winthrop-Another World).
- Edie McClurg: Kansas City, Missouri -- Actress (Cinderella-1985, Hogan Family).
- Michael McConnohie: American voice actor and screenwriter.
- Leman Sam: Turkish singer-songwriter.
- Lucien Abenhaim: French pharmacoepidemiologist and an expert in public health.
- Kim Commons: American teenage chess prodigy who earned his title of Chess master in 1968, senior title 1973 and international title 1976. Commons became a chess instructor at UCLA extension 1972-1973.
- Florence Clerc: French ballet dancer, appointed principal dancer of the Paris Opera Ballet in 1975.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Them There Eyes - Champ Butler
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?