Wednesday 23 July 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Janis Siegel in New York City and Christian Bréchot.
Les Enfants Terribles, directed by Jean-Pierre Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Masquerade Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1952!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1952 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Janis Siegel in New York City: New York, USA; jazz singer (Manhattan Transfer - "Tuxedo Junction").
- Christian Bréchot: French physician and researcher.
- Paul Hibbert: Australian cricketer and coach (d. 2008).
- Bill Nyrop: American ice hockey player and coach (d. 1995).
- John Rutsey: Canadian drummer (Rush) (Born 1953).
- Janis Siegel: American singer (The Manhattan Transfer)
- General Neguib seizes power, Monarchy overthrown in Egypt (National Day)
- The European Coal and Steel community is established.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?