Saturday 23 July 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to I'm Sorry by Brenda Lee.
In UK Good Timin' by Jimmy Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Inherit the Wind, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1960!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1960 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- Duane Eddy - Because They're Young
- Brenda Lee - That's All You Gotta Do
- The Fendermen - Mule Skinner Blues
- The Everly Brothers - When Will I Be Loved
- Ray Peterson - Tell Laura I Love Her
- Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?