Monday 23 July 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Roses Are Red (My Love) by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Shoot the Piano Player, directed by François Truffaut, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1962!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1962 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Daniel MacIvor: Canadian actor, writer and director, and prolific playwright.
- Terry-Jo Myers: Fort Myers, Florida -- LPGA golfer (1988 Mayflower Classic).
- Eriq La Salle: American actor director and producer.
- Alain Lefèvre: Canadian pianist and composer.
- Hiroshi Mikami: Japanese actor.
- Telstar relays the first publicly transmitted, live trans-Atlantic television program, featuring Walter Cronkite.
- The International Agreement on the Neutrality of Laos is signed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales
- Claude King - Wolverton Mountain
- Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
- Gravy (For My Mashed Potatoes) - Dee Dee Sharp
- Ray Stevens - Ahab, The Arab
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?