Tuesday 23 July 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Surf City by Jan & Dean.
In UK Confessin' by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
The Thrill of It All, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Grandmother And The Priests by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1963!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1963 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Rolf Harris - Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Lonnie Mack - Memphis
- Doris Troy - Just One Look
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?