Saturday 23 July 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Micheal Williams and Erinn Cosby.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hanky Panky by Tommy James and the Shondells.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Batman, directed by Leslie H. Martinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dark Shadows.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1966 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Micheal Williams: NBA guard (Minnesota Timberwolves).
- Erinn Cosby: American noted family and daughter of Bill and Camille Cosby.
- Samantha Beckinsale: English actress.
- Hamid Mir: Pakistani journalist.
- [Edward] Montgomery Clift: Actor (From Here to Eternity), dies at 45.
- Donald Novis: Singer / actor (Pajama Game), dies at 60.
- Douglass Montgomery: Actor (Forbidden, Daybreak), dies at 56.
- Montgomery Clift: American actor whose impact made him a star from the time of his first film, "Red River," 1948.
- Cavern Club in Liverpool reopens
- John Pennel pole vaults record (5.34 m)
- Katangese troops in Stanleyville, Congo, revolt for several weeks in support of the exiled minister Moise Tshombe.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Hungry
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- The Mamas and The Papas - I Saw Her Again
- Tommy Roe - Sweet Pea
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?