Sunday 23 July 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Oscar McBride and Seth Dittman.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lean On Me by Bill Withers.
In UK Puppy Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Deliverance, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tegtmeiers Reisen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1972!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1972 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Oscar McBride: NFL tight end (Arizona Cardinals).
- Seth Dittman: NFL offensive tackle (Indianapolis Colt, London Monarchs).
- Trisha Fallon: Australian basketball forward (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Robert Hoge: Australian writer, a journalist, speechwriter, science communicator for the CSIRO and a political advisor to the former Queensland Premier and Deputy Premier.
- Marlon Wayans: American actor.
- Giovane Élber: Brazilian footballer
- Suat Kılıç: Turkish journalist lawyer and politician Turkish Minister of Youth and Sports
- Floyd Reifer: Barbadian cricketer and coach
- 1st Earth Resources Technology Satellite (ERTS) is launched
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Raleigh Golf Classic
- Eddy Merckx (Belgium) wins his fourth consecutive Tour de France.
- First Earth Resources Technology Satellite (ERTS) is launched.
- The United States launch Landsat 1, the first Earth-resources satellite.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Roberta Flack - Where Is The Love
- Mouth and MacNeal - How Do You Do?
- Elton John - Rocket Man
- Alice Cooper - School's Out
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?