Saturday 23 July 1977
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Looks Like We Made It by Barry Manilow.
In UK So You Win Again by Hot Chocolate was in the top 5 hits.
The Hills Have Eyes, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1977!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1977 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Tamara Wall: Soap Opera Actress.
- Saeed Modarres: persian singer.
- Neicer Reasco: Ecuadorian footballer.
- Scott Clemmensen: American ice hockey player and coach.
- Néicer Reasco: Ecuadorian footballer.
- Shawn Thornton: Canadian ice hockey player
- Washington jury convicts 12 Hanafi Muslims on hostage charges.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Alan O'Day - Undercover Angel
- Shaun Cassidy - Da Doo Ron Ron
- Barry Manilow - Looks Like We Made It
- Peter Frampton - I'm In You
- Barbra Streisand - My Heart Belongs To Me
- Peter McCann - Do You Wanna Make Love
- Hot - Angel In Your Arms
- Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?