Sunday 23 July 1978
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marianela Gonzalez and Sheila Mello.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
The Driver, directed by Walter Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spearhead.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Adventureland or Atari Football.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1978!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1978 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Marianela Gonzalez: Venezuelan actress.
- Sheila Mello: Brazilian exotic dancer noted for the sway of her ample hips, a blonde beauty.
- Stuart Elliott: Northern Irish footballer.
- Marianela González: Venezuelan actress.
- Stefanie Sun: Singaporean singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Lauren Groff: American novelist and short story writer
- Phillies Steve Carlton becomes 78th pitcher to win 200
- Reggie Jackson returns and helps Yankees win their 5th straight
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?