Thursday 23 July 1981
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to The One That You Love by Air Supply.
In UK Ghost Town by The Specials was in the top 5 hits.
Heavy Metal, directed by Gerald Potterton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1981!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1981 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Air Supply - The One That You Love
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
- Joey Scarbury - Theme From The Greatest American Hero (Believe It Or Not)
- Oak Ridge Boys - Elvira
- Kenny Rogers - I Don't Need You
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - You Make My Dreams
- The Manhattan Transfer - Boy From New York City
- Marty Balin - Hearts
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?