Tuesday 23 July 1985
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Everytime You Go Away by Paul Young.
In UK Frankie by Sister Sledge was in the top 5 hits.
European Vacation, directed by Amy Heckerling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Skeleton Crew by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1985!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1985 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Matthew Colin Bailey: American designer.
- Luis Angel Landin: Mexican footballer.
- Blake Harrison: English actor.
- Olafur Hannesson: Icelandic television personality.
- Luis Landín: Mexican footballer.
- Anna Mühe: German actress
- Johnny Wardle: English cricketer (Born 1923).
- Commodore International introduces the Amiga 1000 computer. It features a Motorola 68000 processor, custom color graphics and stereo sound processors, a multitasking, windowing operating system, 256 kB RAM, and 880 kB 3.5-inch disk drive. Price is US$1300.
- Kay Kyser (James King Kern Kyser), US bandleader, dies.
- Commodore launches the Amiga personal computer at the Lincoln Center in New York.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Duran Duran - A View To A Kill
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Prince - Raspberry Beret
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
- Night Ranger - Sentimental Street
- The Power Station - Get It On (Bang A Gong)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?