Saturday 23 July 1988
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hold On To The Nights by Richard Marx.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You by Glenn Medeiros was in the top 5 hits.
Cocktail, directed by Roger Donaldson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Alaska by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1988!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1988 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Pippa Bennett-Warner: English actress.
- Pablo Holman: Chilean singer-songwriter and guitarist (Kudai).
- Ping Medina: Filipino actor.
- General Ne Win, effective ruler of Burma since 1962, resigns after pro-democracy protests.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?