Wednesday 23 July 2003
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Crazy In Love by Beyonce was in the top 5 hits.
American Wedding, directed by Jesse Dylan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while East of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Monkey Dust.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chicken Shoot or Disney's Hide and Sneak.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 2003!
Which were the important events of 23 July 2003 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 July
- James E Davis: New York City police officer and councilman (murdered) (Born 1962).
- ''Die Zeit'', a German newspaper, publishes an opinion poll which claims that almost one in three Germans under the age of 30 believe the United States government ampquotcould have ordered the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon itselfampquot. 1000 people took part in the survey.
- California officials announce that over 110% of the required signatures to force a recall election of Governor Gray Davis are in setting the stage for what will be the first gubernatorial recall election in the United States in 82 years.
- Zahra Kazemi affair: Bill Graham, the Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs, announces that Ms. Kazemi's body has been buried in Iran, contrary to her family's wishes. Consequently, Canada has recalled its ambassador to Iran.
- The Minister of Justice in Finland, Johannes Koskinen, said that there could be legalized brothels for example for handicapped people. He got very angry response of organizations for handicapped. 66% of people in Ilta-Sanomat newspaper's readers said that prostitution must be under state control.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?